5 Simple Stress Relief Tips
Stress in small amounts can actually be good for your health, but when stress becomes overwhelming there are stress relief tips that can alleviate some of the tension. Below are five simple stress relievers you can use on a daily basis to create balance in your life.
1. Smile When it comes to simple stress relief a smile can be priceless. It relieves tension in your face, especially in your jaw. Smiling has also been proven to lower blood pressure, ward off depression, and increase your immune system. Ever notice that when someone smiles at you, your reaction is to smile back? That’s because smiling is contagious.
2. Check your Posture Make sure that when you are working on your computer that you are not straining your neck. Your screen should be at a comfortable eye level. Having the proper placement for your computer will prevent neck pain, headaches and reduce the risk of carpal tunnel.
3. Fresh Air Make time for a little nature. Most of us spend our days indoors whether it’s in your office or in the classroom and we are exposed to dust and germs. Try to spend a little more time outside so that your body can benefit from more oxygen. It will lead to cleaner lungs, a calmer disposition, and a clear mind to get you ready for all that hard work or studying.
4. Stretch Stretching relieves so much tension and it feels good too. You don’t have to be a yoga guru to benefit from stretching. Just a few simple arm stretches can loosen your shoulders and get your blood flowing. Rotating your wrists and ankles prevent a lot of injuries by strengthening your joints.Be sure to stretch at least 10 minutes out of your day.
5. Water Did you know that a lot of headaches are caused by dehydration? We ought to be taking in eight 8-oz glasses of water everyday. It naturally flushes out toxins that can lead to aches and pains. It also improves your skin and helps keep your ears, nose and throat moist.
Check out the healthcare program at Fremont College to make a career out of helping others relieve stress. We offer an associate’s degree in sports and rehabilitation therapy and a diploma in massage therapy, with day and night classes and accelerated programs that will have you ready to start your career in as few as 15 months.