Financial Aid, Student Loans, Grants, Benefits Veterans, Scholarships | Fremont College
Classes Start in 5 Days
Request Information
1 (800) 373-6668Call to enroll

Financial Aid

Student Grants*

The main criteria for receiving grants are substantial financial need. Typically grants do not have to be repaid unless a student becomes ineligible.

This grant program is designed to assist undergraduate students who want to continue their education beyond high school and can demonstrate need. Every student is entitled to apply for a Federal Pell Grant. Eligibility is determined by a standard U.S. Department of Education formula, which uses family size, income, and resources to determine need. The actual amount of the award is based upon the cost of attendance, enrollment status, and the amount of money appropriated by Congress to fund the program. The Federal Pell Grant makes it possible to provide a foundation of financial aid to help defray the costs of a post-secondary education. Unlike loans, the Federal Pell Grant does not usually have to be paid back.

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is available to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor or professional degree. Unlike a loan, the FSEOG does not have to be repaid. When determining the priority-based order in which students will be awarded FSEOG funds, Fremont College considers those students with exceptional financial need who will also be receiving Federal Pell Grant funds.

Cal Grant is a financial aid program you do not have to pay back administrated by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) providing aid to California undergraduates and vocational training students. Cal Grant gives funds to students who meet GPA and parent income requirements. Cal Grant applicants must file a FAFSA between January 1 and March 2 each year, along with the Cal Grant GPA verification Form. Fremont College participates in the Cal Grant B and C programs. For more information about the application process, please visit

FWS aid allows students to work part-time and receive need-based aid to finance the cost of their education. Fremont College provides work-study job opportunities to students who qualify.

Student Loans*

Below is a list of low-interest loans that enable students to meet their educational costs. Unlike grants, educational loans must be paid back. Interest charges vary with the type of loan, and a minimum monthly payment may be required.

Federal Stafford loans, available through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program, are low-interest loans made to the student by the U.S. Department of Education. The loan must be used to pay for direct and/or indirect educational expenses. Subsidized loans are need-based, while unsubsidized loans are not. Repayment begins six months after the student graduates, withdraws from school, or falls below half-time enrollment status.

The Federal Direct PLUS Loan is available to parents of dependent undergraduate students. These loans are not based on need; however, when combined with other resources, the loan value cannot exceed the student’s cost of attendance. A credit check is required, and either or both parents may borrow through this program. Repayment begins within 60 days of final disbursement of the loan within a loan period.

Payment plans offer alternative financing options to cover tuition and fees. A Financial Aid staff member can help guide you through the available options.

Benefits for Veterans

Fremont College is approved by the California State Approving Agency for Veterans Education (CSAAVE) to enroll veterans and other eligible persons. We have been designated a 2017 Military Friendly® School and are committed to providing a high quality education to our veteran heroes. Available programs include:

• Montgomery GI Bill® – Chapter 30
• Vocational Rehabilitation – Chapter 31
• Post-9/11 GI Bill® – Chapter 33
• Dependents Educational Assistance – Chapter 35
• Reserve GI Bill® – Chapter 1606
• Yellow Ribbon Program
• Tuition Assistance benefits from the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD).

If you’re a veteran, you may qualify for VA educational benefits. Eligible military personnel should contact the Financial Aid Department for further assistance.

* Note: Fremont College’s Business Administration, Physical Therapy Aide & Massage diploma, Sports Therapy & Massage diploma, Business Management associate degree, and Master of Business Administration programs are currently pending Federal Student Assistance funding.

Click here to download the the Fremont College FA Code of Conduct 2017.

Join Our Newsletter

Have a Question?1-800-373-6668