How to Develop a Brand Strategy
Branding is one of the most important aspects of any business, large or small. A brand tells your customers what they can expect from your products and services, and it helps to differentiate your company from your competitors. As you enter into the marketing field you may quickly realize the many different types of digital marketing careers paths available. No matter which job you decide, you will likely have to deal with branding at some point in time.
Developing a brand strategy can be one of the most difficult steps in the marketing process, but it’s a vital step in creating the identity of your company. Continue reading for for tips on how to develop a brand strategy.
What is Branding
According to the American Marketing Association, a brand is a “name, term, sign, symbol or design, or a combination of them intended to identify the goods and services of one seller or group of sellers and to differentiate them from those of other sellers.”
Defining Your Brand
Before you can develop your brand, you need to define it. Defining your brand starts with your company’s authenticity, core purpose, vision, mission, values, and character. Researching the needs and habits of your current and prospective customers will also help you gain better insight about your brand. To begin defining your brand, answer the questions below:
- What is the company’s mission?
- What are the benefits and features of your products or services?
- What do your customers and prospects think of your company?
- What qualities do you want your customers and prospects to associate with your company?
Defining your brand is often the most complex part of the branding process. To properly define your brand, it is necessary to be honest about how your company is currently perceived and how you want it to be perceived. Once you have defined your brand, the next step involves getting the word out about your brand. Follow these simple tips for brand marketing:
1. Get a logo Your company’s logo is the foundation of your brand. Hire a skilled graphic designer to design a logo for your company.
2. Write down your brand messaging Write down the key messages you want to convey about your brand. Inform employees about the message of you brand so that they can properly convey the brand message to customers and prospective customers.
3. Integrate your brand Branding extends to every aspect of your business, including how your employees answer phones, what your employees wear, your company’s e-mail signature, etc. Integrate your brand throughout your company for maximum effectiveness.
4. Create a “voice” for your company that reflects your brand Add your company’s voice to all written communication and incorporate it in the visual imagery of all materials – both online and off.
5. Create a tagline Write a meaningful and concise statement that captures the essence of your brand and is memorable. When customers hear your tagline, it should automatically remind them of your business.
6. Design templates and create brand standards for your marketing materials Use the same logo placement, color scheme, and look throughout all marketing materials. Your marketing materials don’t need to be fancy, just consistent.
7. Deliver what your brand promises If you want to keep your customers coming back – and ensure that your business attracts new customers – always deliver on your brand promise.
8. Be consistent The most important part about developing a brand involves consistency. The only way you can develop trust in your customers and potential customers is to ensure that you are consistent when communicating your brand.
How Will You Make an Impact In The Marketing or Design Industry?
If you want to learn how to create a brand strategy , consider enrolling in the Multimedia Design program at Fremont University where you will learn everything you need to know about graphic design and branding. Fremont University also offers an associate’s degree in digital marketing that can be completed in just 15 months. Financial aid is also available for those who need help paying for college. Don’t wait – start preparing for the career of your dreams today by enrolling the Multimedia Design program or digital marketing program!